Friday, August 28, 2015

Steampunk Angel

Hello everyone in blogger land!  Today I am sharing a card I made for the new Anything Goes challenge in the Art by Mi Ran Facebook Group.  You might remember that last month we started adding an Optional Theme to our AG challenges, and the this month it is 'Things With Wings'.  I love this theme!  It's funny though, because my first instinct was to look at fairy images, which I love to color, but then I saw this image called Steampunk Angel and decided to challenge myself with something different!  I've never done anything Steampunk before, so that alone was a challenge!  But hey, that's how we grow, right?  I am very happy with the result...what do you think?



The Copics I used are: hair - R81, R56 & R59; dress - BV20, BV25 & BV29, stole - E40, E42, E43, E47 & Wink of Stella (clear); wings - E71, E77, E79, C1, C3, C5, Y21, Y26, Y28 & white gel pen.

For the card I used Bazzill cardstock, Graphic 45 paper, Gold paper (I've had forever - no clue where it is from), flowers, Prima wooden clock, Prima hat pins, and dies from Memory Box and Tim Holtz.  I cut the Memory Box gears die twice - once in gold, once in burgundy.  I cut the gold ones apart and layered them over top of the burgundy one for dimension.  I would love to know what you think!

I hope you will pop on over to the Art by Mi Ran Facebook Group and become a member (if you aren't already).  The DT has some beautiful projects to share with you, and we invite you to play along with our challenge 'Anything Goes & (optional) Things With Wings'.  Thanks for taking a look!

xx Bonnie



2 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

fantastic and beautiful Bonnie
Gr Karin

Jacee said...

Very striking design, love all your detail
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design